Take a look around, get involved, and with contributions for this site (any format is OK)! Interested in helping run this site? Web and blog editors can be trained up, so please how you can help build Oxford’s community online.
Get Pencil for Communication
We are using a free tool called Pencil—via web, email, iOS/Android—to create the Oxford community directory, as well as for room parent and volunteer communications. There are groups for classrooms, grades, events and the whole school. Pencil is a secure network, accessible only by email invitations from Oxford members. If you have not yet received an invitation, email your name and your child’s name, grade and teacher to .
Primary Source of Flexible Funding = PTA
Funding for enrichment programs is provided primarily by the Oxford PTA. The PTA fundraising goal for 2014–15 is $140,000, roughly $450 per student. Not everyone can afford $450, but if you are able, please donate.
Here are a few examples of what your donations support:
- $9 pays for one month of physical education (PE) for a student
- $16 pays for the art supplies and playground equipment one child needs for the year
- $61 per student pays for art instruction for the year
- $435 per student pays for our kindergartners and fifth graders to receive individualized support from instructional assistants throughout the school year
- $2,000 pays for one month for all of our kids and teachers to receive technology and keyboard training
The many ways families can help Oxford:
- Join the PTA to support Oxford with $15 in annual dues and votes on important issues.
- Volunteer on community building / fundraising events and more—contact the PTA for more info.
- Shop and give—send precious pennies Oxford’s way as you go about your regular routine.