We’ve got info for incoming families, plus the latest news and details for our current Oxford community of about 300 K–5th grade students, staff, families and friends. You’ll want to read Principal Rhine’s welcome messages for Kindergarten and returning families.
Take a look around, get involved, and with contributions for this site (any format is OK)! Interested in helping run this site? Web and blog editors can be trained up, so please how you can help build Oxford’s community online.
Primary Source of Flexible Funding = PTA
Funding for enrichment programs is raised primarily by the Oxford PTA. The PTA fundraising goal for 2014–15 is $140,000, roughly $450 per student. Not everyone can afford $450, so if you are able, please donate.
Here are a few examples of what your donations support:
- $9 pays for one month of physical education (PE) for a student
- $16 pays for the art supplies and playground equipment one child needs for the year
- $61 per student pays for art instruction for the year
- $435 per student pays for our kindergartners and fifth graders to receive individualized support from instructional assistants throughout the school year
- $2,000 pays for one month for all of our kids and teachers to receive technology and keyboard training
How families can help:
- Join the PTA to support Oxford with $15 in annual dues and votes on important issues.
- Volunteer on community building / fundraising events and more—contact the PTA for more info.
- Shop and give—send precious pennies Oxford’s way as you go about your regular routine.