We just got word of a $2,000 Challenge Grant for the Campaign for Oxford!
For every dollar (up to $2,000) received by Back to School Night this Thursday, your dollars will be MATCHED by an anonymous donor group.
|Please help us make sure we can receive every dollar of this challenge grant so we can continue to provide the great programs we have at Oxford. Donations received by check, Paypal, or on the Campaign for Oxford site are all eligible. As of today, we are about 25% of the way to our goal of $25,000. We have had 110 shares on Facebook – let’s make this 150 by the end of this week!
A veteran Oxford parent recently told us she donates an amount equal to “One more month” of preschool every year as she remembers how lucky she is for the “free” education her kids receive at Oxford. We hope more families will consider doing the same!
The details are below so please give what you can, post to Facebook, forward this email to anyone who loves your child or believes in public education.
Maximize your impact:
Share the campaign on your Facebook page or with friends, family & neighbors by visiting this link.
Three ways to give:
Did you know it costs over $500 per child to provide all the great programs we currently run at Oxford to provide essential school supplies, PE, art, technology, Kinder Aides and much more? We recognize that all Oxford families are incredibly busy with work, volunteering, shuttling kids around, etc., so we thought we’d kick off the school year with an easy and tax-deductible fundraiser that only takes a minute of your time AND can really help to bridge the gap in education funding. Our PTA has to raise over $100,000 each year to cover the costs that state and local budgets don’t cover.
Thus, we are kicking off the school year with Campaign for Oxford, a fundraising campaign to ensure we can continue to provide our students with the best possible education.
Our goal is to start off the school year by raising $25,000 to help fund Oxford’s critical programs. This campaign will last a few weeks so please make your gift today!
Three ways to give:
- Give online: Online on our crowdfunding campaign
- Give by check: Drop a check in the PTA box in the front office (make checks payable to “Oxford Elementary PTA”)
- Become a Monthly Giver: you can always give online via Paypal as a one-time or monthly donation
Maximize your impact:
Share the campaign on your personal Facebook page or with friends, family and neighbors by visiting this link … Here’s a sample post for your to cut and paste into your feed:
- My child(ren) go to Oxford Elementary School, a Title 1 school in the Berkeley Unified School District. Nearly half of our students qualify for free lunch, and we are incredibly proud of our diverse school community. Our school relies on fundraising to pay for Physical Education, Music, Instructional Aides and Art for our kids, so we are reaching out to our broader community to support our current funding drive. Please consider making a contribution!
Wondering how much to give?
- Kindergarten families are encouraged to give an amount equivalent to “one more month” of what they were paying for preschool.
- Other families are encouraged to give as much as they can to help offset the cost of $500 per child. Maybe consider giving an amount equal to a month of summer camp?
- Please remember that not all families can give the same amount, so if you can give a little extra, please do!
Check if your employer has a matching program – the Campaign for Oxford is a great occasion to tap into this support! Please email if you need donation documentation to secure your company’s match.
A few examples of what your contributions support:
- $9 pays for one month of PE for a student
- $16 pays for the art supplies and playground equipment one child needs for the year
- $61 per student pays for art instruction for the year
- $435 per student pays for our kindergartners and fifth-graders to receive individualized support from instructional assistants throughout the school year
- $2,000 pays for one month for all of our kids and teachers to receive technology and keyboard training
Many thanks for continuing to support our wonderful school community!
Kirsten Saenz Tobey & Kimberley Gregg
Oxford PTA Fundraising Committee
Open House tonight! (psst: there will be ice cream)
Open House is tonight, Thursday, May 21, 6:00-7:15pm. Please join us that evening to celebrate our children’s accomplishments. We invite families to visit classrooms and admire all the work our children have done this year. In addition, Ms. Muller’s 4th graders are holding their annual Ice Cream Social in the cafeteria. After you look at your child’s classroom work, stop by the cafeteria and celebrate with an ice cream sundae or a baked treat. Prices are low, and all profits buy new books for the Oxford library!
You + Framed art = More art supplies
In its second year, the Berkeley Half Marathon has again named the Berkeley Public Schools Fund as the race’s official local charity. Last year, the Schools Fund raised $30,000 with the help of runners at each school—$10,000 of which went to individual PTAs.
The race is Sunday, November 9. This year there will be a 5k race in addition to the Half Marathon, which will make it easy for families to run together to support their school.
The Schools Fund has already set up individual school teams on Crowdrise—including a page where you can donate to Oxford’s team—and there’s a how-to video for signing up. Also, joining an individual team qualifies runners for a discount registration code.
Running for an individual school will direct 50% of your fundraising to your school PTA and 50% to the Schools Fund. Continue reading “Berkeley Half Marathon: Support Oxford’s Team” »
The Heritage Welcome Back Potluck last Friday night was a great success. The food was delicious!! A BIG thanks to all the parents who brought such wonderful food to share. Thanks to Alexandra Ballard for organizing this year’s event and to all the great volunteers who helped with set up and tear down.
One More Month…
A reminder to Kinder families that The One More Month campaign is up and running—please consider making a donation in the sum of one month’s tuition of your former preschool. Of course, there are many of you who are still relieved to no longer have that payment…any family can make a donation equivalent to a month of preschool tuition, or even a portion of that total (and/or with cost of living increase!).
Last year Oxford launched “ShopWithScrip”, a fundraising program that works while you shop. There’s no selling required (unless you’re one of us, the organizers, and our wonderful volunteers!) All you have to do to help raise money for Oxford is just spend your regular shopping dollars using gift cards from the ShopWithScrip program instead of paying with cash, check or credit card. (This is NOT eScrip.)
Gift Cards for 25 retailers will be available for sale Friday morning at the PTA coffee 8-9am, and at the 1:20p & 2:05p pick ups. Please come by to learn more about this great program and check out our inventory! Bring cash or check to purchase.
Give the PTA Your Feedback on the Year
The PTA has put together a short 7-question survey and we would love your feedback. Please take a few minutes to fill it out.
Help Keep Our Great Programs
In our year-end ask, we’ve raised $4,000 of the $15,000 we set out to raise. Please consider making a year-end contribution to Oxford and help us keep all our great programs in place next year. Whether it’s $10, $100 or $1,000, it all makes a difference. Go to the Donate page or drop a check in the office with Deanna made out to Oxford PTA.
Continue reading “Short End of Year Survey + $11K To Go!” »
Please take a few minutes to learn more about this fundraising program
ShopWithScrip.com helps us earn FREE money for Oxford, when we shop using gift cards purchased through the ShopWithScrip.com program. This is not eScrip. With ShopWithScrip.com, cards for places you shop give a rebate of 2-20% back to our school. For example, if you spent the following:
- $100 Gap/Old Navy etc = $14 for Oxford
- $40 Peet’s = $3.20
- $100 Berkeley Bowl or Safeway = $4
- $200 Amazon = $6
- $50 iTunes = $2.50
- $25 Barnes & Noble = $2.25
>> A total of $31 would go to Oxford!